Wednesday, June 18, 2008

How many of you have ancestors from the Beaubassin area? I had Thomas Cormier and Marie Madeleine Girouard living in Beaubassin and Thomas was quite properous when he lived there. There was also Jacques Bourgeois who was a surgeon also one of the founders of Beaubassin, Pierre Arseneau was a pilot and he had land in Beaubassin he married twice and they were in the Beaubassin census, him and his second wife that is. There were other families in Beaubassin also. The reason I am talking about Beaubassin is because next month there is going to be a Dig to see if they can find any artifats where Beaubassin was situated. What a great find it would be, to find some china, some old pipes, or tools used by our ancestors , a comb even, or pots n pans. So to all the people who have applied to take part in the dig, happy digging, sure hope you find something.
Well I have added a few more names to my Chartersville Cemetery, and added a few tidbits in Did you know and I have added an obituary of a lady who was 101.
Today was overcast so I did not go walking, I do hope tomorrow will bring a better day. Walking is a great exercise, I do not walk at a fast pace, maybe later on I will be able to do so, but I do know that when I do walk, I can feel the difference , I feel much better.
Well this is not a long blog, so thank you for stopping by, do drop in again.
Have a great day
Aline

No comments: