Saturday, May 24, 2008

Did you all think I had forgotten you? Nope, not at all. I have been quite busy lately. If you go to my website www.acadian-roots.com you will notice new pages, I have added partial lists of two cemeteries in Maine, one in Sandford Maine and one in Waterville Maine. Many French Canadians and possibly Acadians went to the United States in search of jobs, new factories were opening and the jobs were plentiful, so I have extracted some Acadian Surnames buried in both cemeteries, now these people were probably descendants of some Acadians who fled into Quebec during the time of the deportation of the Acadians. So I am hoping that these names will help some of you, now there were some french names such as Veilleux, LaJeunesse, St-Cyr etc who married in the Acadian Surnames such as Boudreau, Landry, Cormier etc.
Also one of my members lost his father a few days ago, Rick is the owner of myacadianhistory.ca site , and he has cemeterie tombstone photos of Nova Scotia, and is adding more to his site, which I in turn will add the index of names on my site with his permission. So I have made him a sympathy card and it is also on my website, so if any of you know Rick , please sign his sympathy card, to let him know we care and offer our condolences to him.
More members have joined our acadianrootsclub, and we are trying our best to help them as much as we can, if you just surfed in and want to come join us, go to my website acadian-roots and send me a message via the url that is posted there.
I am still getting settled in my new place, I have lots more to do before I am done, I will need to repack everything and put them in order here, I just threw everything here and there, now I need to find them and put them in the correct places. So now you can understand why I have not been posting my blog, it will be better soon.
Thanks for the visit, do come again.
Have a great day
Aline

No comments: