Saturday, July 05, 2008


Well I had better do my blog, or else I might be in big trouble, everyone keeps saying that they are heading out to read my blog. grin.
Well I have just arrived from a trip that i have wanted to do for a long time. I wanted to go where some of my ancestors were from ,which included, L'Isle Verte, and Kamouraska Quebec.
The photo on the left was taken in a place called le Berceau de Kamouraska, it was here that the first chapel was built and where some of the Kamouraska pioneers were buried and it was also a central place where the people would meet for meetings etc. What I am pointing to on the photo is to the surname Bergeron and there was only one Bergeron listed as being buried there. There were lots of other surnames of my ancestors on the list, LeBel, Bouchard, Michaud,Soucy,Ancelin.
Behind the monument is where the cemetery was located, you can see a tombstone in the background. I plan on creating a page of our trip and add it to my acadian-roots.com website, I will let you know when it is up and running. We took 251 photos along the way, some are good, some are not, but I will add the ones I think will be good. We brought a tent with us , it was our first tenting trip, the last time we went and brought the tent was to Port Royal and we ended taking motels along the way. So it was an experience for us, especially when we were trying to put air in the mattress and the plug was still in it haha.
Changing the subject, I am pleased to have received a newsletter from Maine with a copy of my genealogy poem I had done and a link to my website. Also I am receiving so many emails saying that they love my website at www.acadian-roots.com , so that encourages me to keep on trying to improve it with things the readers will enjoy. Many are saying things such as, I found my grandfather, or I lived in Georgetown, or I enjoy your blogs, or I love your photo gallery and so on.
And to add a footnote to all of this, I want to say, I love what I do, which is first my genealogy and helping others, and working on my website even if it is only to bring a smile to someone out there.
Thank you for the lovely visit, please stop by again when you have time.
Have a great day.
Aline

No comments: