Thursday, July 24, 2008

Acadianroots genealogy group has a new entrance, this is for the folks who are not members yet, I have created a back door that you can enter to sign up. It is called petite acadienne, and if you go to www.acadian-roots.com and click on acadianroots group, you will see I added a join my group button, now this is not directly to my genealogy group, once you join, you can tell me a bit about yourself, and who you are looking for ok? Or you can contact me through the same page with the info I asked on the page. As I said before my acadianroots group is by invite only.
Now on another note, for the ones who are looking for ancestors who were on Prince Edward Island and in Rustico, did you know that many from Rustico moved and settled in St.Alexis de Matapedia Quebec? They went there around the 1860s, and the parish was founded in 1870 meaning there were no priest nor church then, and the records went to Sainte Anne de Restigouche Church, but from 1871 on they had their own church and parish. I have added some marriages from St Alexis de Matapedia on my site with a few marriages from Sainte Anne de Restigouche. Go to my website click on Quebec Marriages, you will see St Alexis de Matapedia in the drop down menu. Hope this helps some of you.
Well thanks for the lovely visit, please stop by again. Have a great day.
Aline

No comments: