Thursday, July 16, 2009

Children May Want To Know

Are there any of you out there who are looking for a lost love one or parents? If not, I do know that there must be lots of children looking for their parents. They want to know who they are and where they come from. They want to know if they have brothers or sisters somewhere.
Many children have been adopted out, regardless of the reason, they were given up for adoption.
I know of some women who have been reunited with their son or their daughter. And it has been a happy reunion. Children need to know, that sometimes there are reasons why they have been given up . Maybe because the mother wanted a good home for them and could not afford it?
Or maybe the mother wasn't married and afraid of what others would say.
I myself have a half sister whom I haven't found yet, I have it narrowed to two woman, it is one of the two but which one? I have them in my mind, I would love so much to find out the truth and my half sister. Perhaps some day I will find out for certain.
Now another thing, during the world wars, men went overseas, and some had children born there, and they returned to America without their child. Those children must be wondering which one of the soldiers is my father? And while the men were gone ,sometimes their wives had children that they had to give up for adoption.
We hear stories of parents and children finding each other, some may be dissappointed at what they discover but regardless, we are who we are. If you are a child looking for your parents, you need to remember ,no matter how your parents turned out, without them, there would be no you. And maybe all these years your mother has had a very heavy heart having to give you up.
I would love to see all the mothers who gave up their child find that child one day, and all the children out there who are looking and wanting to find out who they are, I wish with all my heart that you would all find that parent. One thing I would like to add, is "To all of you who are searching ,even if you have been looking for a long long time, Never ever ever give up looking and searching. Post on message boards, go to Adoption Boards, look for clues.
I wish you all lots and lots of luck.
Now it is time for me to prepare for our Bergeron-Damboise Reunion this weekend, tomorrow we load three cars with lots of goodies. So I will say goodnight and thanks for the visit.
Do stop by again.
Have a great day tomorrow
Aline

No comments: