Sunday, April 08, 2007



Happy Easter, or maybe I should have said merry christmas, grin. Yes the photo on the left was taken about an hour ago from my front door. It is still snowing as I speak. My new found cousin received this storm a few days ago and she was suppose to put a detour sign on her front lawn to send the storm away from me. smile.

Well I have been looking for an elusive family again. This time they are really in hiding. But lo and behold after posting on some message boards, I have received the dates and places of death for one couple. That is a good start. Since years ago, people moved quite often in search of work. Some went to the USA , others went out west. So to find where they went sometimes is a hard task, but if this happens to any of you and you cannot find them, don't give up. Some kind of clue will surface. As for me, when I go to the genealogy center CEA (centre d'etude acadienne), I have a location to look .I am anxious to go to the genealogy center, it has been a while since my last visit. You could say the CEA is like a second home to me. There is always something there to look at. I am hoping to be going there this week . On another note, I would like to mention that Lucie Consentino LeBlanc has started a list on rootsweb , it is an Acadian-French Canadian list, I would like to wish her well with it. And my acadianroots group in yahoo also is doing quite well. So for you who are looking for Acadian and or French Canadian ancestors I hope you will check out both our sites, my website is www.acadian-roots.com , Lucie's site is www.acadian-home.org . Drop in and see us, if you need help or want to help , you are always welcome.

Have a great day

Aline

No comments: