Thursday, August 07, 2008

Centre D'etude Acadien is where I go when I want to do my research and where I go to relax. I went there yesterday, and it felt so good sitting at the microfilm machine. When I arrived , I looked for an article first of all, could not find it, but I was looking at the wrong place, so next time I go, I shall know where exactly to look. So what did I do next? Well I decided to look for tidbits in the newspaper, and I am going to add them here. I am also translating them from French to English.
In Memramcook in 1920 found the following tidbits;
Mister Albert Doiron who was visiting here since a few days ago has returned to the USA last week.
Miss Agathe Devarennes teacher here left last week to spend Christmas with her parents in Bonsecours. (St Paul)
Miss Yvonne Landry and Jimmy Dupuis were in Moncton Christmas Day visiting Alfred Dupuis.
Mister Theotime Dupuis had to lose an ear last week, maybe next time he will be more careful.
Jean L Melanson and Willie Dupuis's stores are now closed.
Adamsville New Brunswick 1920.
We regret to hear that the health of Mrs Clovis Meunier of St Sosime is not very good, we hope she gets better soon.
Last week Calixte Arsenault of Egmont Bay PEI was visiting his father in law Jerome Arsenault.
Miss Beatrice Henri, Josephine Arsenault,Imelda Arsenault,and Freda Gallant have returned to the Saint Louis Convent.
Waltham Mass.USA 1920
Mrs Domitile Doucet nee Bourque wife of the late Guillaume Doucet died Age 57, she was born in Cap Pele and lived for around the last 30 years in Waltham.
Gardner Mass.USA 1920.
Help ,Help here we are snow up to neck and it keeps on snowing.This is causing lots of damage to our commerce and we are all waiting for spring with great anxiety. We have lots of sick people and sometimes some pass away even if we have great doctors. In the last days of January Mrs Jacques Gallant died ,funeral was help yesterday and the church was packed full.She was the daughter of Octave P.LeBlanc of Bouctouche.
Now to end these little tidbits , just to let you know or make you remember, when we were going to school way back when. grin. many of us caught head lice. Here is what was in the paper
POUX (head lice)
Mothers of families, do not leave your children with head lice, SABA destroys them with one application. Saba Co hp Montreal. grin. I remember I had long thick hair and Mom would remove the knits and lice and wash my hair with TAR Soap, do you remember? smile.
Now my head is getting itchy haha, thanks for the lovely visit, do drop in again
Have a great day.
Aline

No comments: