Saturday, May 20, 2006

So little time and so much to do. Time goes by so fast, seems as if I just wake up and it is time to go to bed. I guess when we are young we do not notice this and it seems as if our days are endless. Ah memories, our youth. When I was young, we used to love to be outdoors, we used to go skating in the winter, no matter how cold it was. Mom would tie a scarf around my mouth and nose. We went skating different places , mostly were we could find a patch of ice. I enjoyed going to the skating rink , because there they had music to skate too, and there were lots of kids my age. Now mind you I was not a good skater, but I put one foot in front of the other and hoped I would stay upright . Also at the skating rink there were little huts where we could put on or take off our skates, and they had a round wood stove that would keep the hut warm. As soon as our hands and feet would warm up , off to the rink we would go.
Since I came from a family of seven ,times were not always easy, so for a while we had no sleds or tobaggans, we used to take a piece of Cardboard from an old cardboard box, and use it as a tobaggan, we used to walk quite far to go sliding, the coal pile was our favorite place, the hills were high, and there were always loads of people there. After a day of fun we would walk back home, tired but happy. One christmas morning a new tobaggan was waiting near the tree for us, what a happy surprise. Yes those were the days.

have a great day, and cherish your memories.

No comments: