Sunday, May 07, 2006

Have you ever stopped and listen to the sounds of nature? Last night I listened to the sound of the crickets and the frogs. In the evening is when these critters seem to come alive. Have you ever just sat outdoors and looked at the stars in the sky? Once in a while you see a plane flying by. What a nice way to relax after a stressful day. I remember when I was little sitting on a swing in the park, listening to the sound of the trees moving to and fro, and just daydreaming.
When I was a young girl the fad was singing from song books, and to tell you the truth I couldn't hold a note, but I loved to sing, so I would make sure there was no one around when I went on the swings, and I would just sing as long as I wanted to , until my heart was content.
Now days if you did that there could be someone hiding in the bushes with a tape recorder haha. But honestly I think my singing has improved (slightly ). I remember going to visit my grandmother when I was around twelve years old, and she lived iin an upstairs apartment, and I remember going up the stairs one time, she was baking brownies, and she was singing
"why do you treat me as if I were only a friend". She was a lovely lady , every christmas she bought or made something for all her kids and all their partners and all their kids. Now Granny had eight kids, plus their spouses plus their kids, so she would gather stuff all year long for the following christmas to give to all of us. And do you know that her present to me was always special, I knew Granny was giving me something, even if it was just a hanky, or a pair of mittens that she made, I looked forward to her gift to me.
have a great day.

No comments: