Friday, January 16, 2009

Follow this blog at the upper right hand side is confusing some of you. I checked on it, since it is a new thing recently out and new to me also. Anyway what you have to do is when you click on Follow this blog, you might have to register with google, it might ask you to create a blog you don't have to do that if you don't want to.But register with them. I clicked on Follow this blog and it opened a window with options to either follow anonymous or publicly.Then you click the orange button that says Follow. You don't have to do anything else. And if ever you come across another Blog you want to follow, you click on their Follow this blog url and so on. Sounds confusing but it isn't.
Yesterday I talked a lot about genealogy, I also wanted to mention something that may be important some day for our descendants. One day I went to a funeral parlor for something and while I was there, I was allowed to look at old records and I was really looking for my great grandfather but did not find him, but I found the death of my baby sister and of my grandfather. On the death of my grandfather the cause of death was mentioned, I wrote down the name and came home and looked it up and found it to be Lupus. Now my nephew has Lupus, so I believe it could be heriditary. So I made a note of the cause of death of my grandfather in my book. Also if someone in your family has diebetes or MS or Parkinson, or any other illness, it might be a good idea to jot that down and add it into your genealogy. It could be important to someone one day.
I am still adding books to Aline's Book Corner on my website, and have more to add.
There are so many interesting books out there, some are full of history, some are great fiction books, and some have lots of genealogy in them. At home I have a bookcase full of books, my friend Maria sent me a big box of them, some of them are shown in my Book Corner, I received a good one from Paul also another friend ,I picked some up at yard sales, and second hand stores. You never know what you will come across at these places. Am anxious for the yard sales to begin again. grin.
Today it is bitterly cold, the schools are all cancelled, the temperature with the wind chill is minus 43 celsius. and I don't think I will even attempt to go to Tim Hortons. grin. Wherever you are , whatever you do, if it is cold, dress warm, and do not take any chances. Stay safe.
Have a great day.
Aline

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aline, I finally got it. he, he.
I finally figured what I was doing wrong. Thank you, for your help.
Effie

alineskee said...

Glad I could help Effie, thanks for being a Follower.
Aline