Thursday, November 16, 2006

Well another day has come and gone, so much to do and so little time. smile.
I would like to share something with you today, that may be of help to you later on. As you know I have met a long lost cousin, and some of her family, and at the moment we are getting to know each other day by day. It is so nice to be able to share .
Anyway when I first began my genealogy, I didn't have a clue how to go about it, so I began writing to various places, churches, relatives ,friends, genealogy societies. I would get clues from my mother, my aunts,and so on. Well there was only one great uncle left on my mother's side, his name was Larry. Now Larry was up in age. So yesterday I wanted to share one of his letters with my cousins, and I began reading it, he was 91 years old when he wrote it. On the letter he spoke about his family and cousins, his letter was so interesting I hadn't noticed that he gave me information that I had not noticed. For instance he told me he had an uncle and an aunt that I never knew existed. wow... He goes on to mention a little about each family. I am keeping this letter , to me it is important...He told me his great uncle died in PEI, hmmm another place to search. He also mentioned St.Bruno Quebec could he have meant St Bruno Van Buren? More to check out.
My point to you is, look at old letters from your relatives if your mother had any, or if your aunts or uncles have any. You never know what you will find in old letters.......Did your relatives move to the USA? Did your relatives go out west?
Where did the letter come from? Can you see the stamp on the envelope? These are all more clues to use in your genealogy research.
Do you now have relatives away? A grandparent? A great uncle or aunt? Maybe you could write to them, say hello and ask them questions about their family and do they have any information to share with you about their parents?
I hope I am making sense to you in my blog. Genealogy is like being a detective, and my moral is seek and you just may find.
Have a great day
Aline

No comments: