Sunday, November 12, 2006


Two little boys, ages 8 and 10, are excessively mischievous.
They are always getting into trouble and their parents know all about it.
If any mischief occurs in their town, the two boys are probably involved. The boys' mother heard that a preacher in town had been successful
in disciplining children, so she asked if he would speak with her boys.

The preacher agreed, but he asked to see them individually.

So the mother sent the 8 year old first, in the morning, with the older
boy to see the preacher in the afternoon. The preacher, a huge man with a booming voice, sat the younger boy
down and asked him sternly, "Do you know where God is, son?" The boy's mouth dropped open, but he made no response, sitting there wide-eyed with his mouth hanging open. So the preacher repeated the question in an even sterner tone, "Where is God?!" Again, the boy made no attempt to answer.

The preacher raised his voice even more and shook his finger in the boy's face and bellowed, "Where is God?!" The boy screamed & bolted from the room, ran directly home & dove Into his closet, slamming the door behind him. When his older brother found him in the closet, he asked, "What happened?"

The younger brother, gasping for breath, replied, "We are in BIG trouble this time."
"GOD is missing, and they think we did it!"





Hello everyone, thought that I would make you smile today, I found the above little joke very cute and I hope you do to.
We are having rain again, so now is the time to catch up on things I didn't get around to doing.
I was looking through my big big family tree book, and I noticed that it is getting very full, so I am going to buy another big binder and divide the book into two parts. As you know I recently connected with some distant cousins, and we are really going to town with exchanging info and photos. I am savoring every tidbit that they send me, and I believe they are doing the same. For having found each other to me it is opening another door in my genealogy search.
Now you may ask me, do you have a genealogy software? No, I do not, I did have one but I wasn't too impressed with it, but perhaps later I shall get the family tree maker. you see I started before computers, or before I knew about them, I wrote everything down by hand, I wrote to churches, in Quebec, in England, in the USA etc. I received many copies of Baptism and marriages. Now this is on different branches of my family. I have three huge binders full, and still finding more. I would really like to organize all my info and make a book. But for now I keep digging and writing it down. I know it is easier to have a program, but one day my grandson or grandaughter might say, my memere wrote all this down herself. And on the other hand maybe no one will understand my handwriting. smile.
I have added a few more names in my Margaree marriages, still have a few more to add. I am not sure if I told you, but for christmas I am giving my two grandchildren each a photo 8x10 of my great great grandparents. that would be ten generations for them.......... I am blessed with being to see a photo of my great grandparents, so if my grandchildren take care of those photos, maybe other generations will be able to enjoy the photos.To end todays blog I would like to say, Hi Eve and Cindy and Terry my new found cousins.
Have a great day
Aline

No comments: