Monday, October 23, 2006

Well, it has been a while since I have posted so I decided I had better get busy.
We had a power black out a few days ago, no lights anywhere around where I live, and we took a drive into the nearest village, all was pitch black. The power was off for around 3 and one half hours. I returned home from the Bingo it was so dark, and I then had to find my candles. The two dogs were underfoot , while I was fumbling around, good thing I did not trip over them .(smile).But I found my candles . I am going to buy these little lights that look like a lantern but is run by batteries and have some around the house....
I am still working on my Minoudie Parish Index, I am now at the Melanson's so it is going fine.. I was thinking this morning, what could I add to my website, that others will find some of their information. Should I add Bathurst? Should I add Pokemouche? Even just adding the index gives you a clue to where your ancestors were. I would like to add something that others do not have in order for all of you to benefit.So I shall think about it some more.
Now I am also into the Christmas Spirit, on Christmas Eve all my siblings are meeting at my mother's home. She is now 88 years , so we want to be together. We are also exchanging names, so I know who I am buying for.
I would love so much to do something for someone to make them happy for Christmas, it would be nice to just buy something or fill a box with food and sneak up to a house, drop off the box in the middle of the night and run away, no names , no clues. Can you imagine how some faces would light up the next morning? Hmmmmm. it is an idea.Maybe some of you could do the same in your neighborhood.
I don't know if any of you remember reading or hearing about this couple who gets a gift every christmas about the 12 days of Christmas? They got a partridge in a pear tree, turtle doves etc. And they do not know who is sending the gifts. So the mystery goes on.
So now I hope you have a great day, I hope you find your missing links if you are into genealogy. See you next time.
Aline

No comments: