Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Hello again, I just noticed that this makes 100 posts. I didn't think I could think of so many things to say. (smile).
Well instead of thinking of the snow that will soon be here, I would like to share with you a little story that happened.
This happened a long time ago. My husband and I had a camp, next door to my sister-in-law. My brother in law had a sports boat, and we all decided to go for a sail . We went way out in the ocean, the weather was really hot, I remember I got this huge sunburn. Anyway we decided to try our luck at fishing, and it was the time that the Mackrel and the Cod were in full force. So we started jigging, and we started catching Cod. I am serious , we had the bottom of the sport boat full of Cod. The smell was something else haha. And the boat was a sport boat not a fishing boat. What a mess in the boat. So we went to shore and we bottled some Cod, and ate some Cod, and salted some Cod, and then we had to just give the rest away.... This was my first try at jigging and I really loved it, since there were no worms to put on the hooks haha...
On another note; I finished adding my Richibouto Village Cemetery to my site, now I am in the process of adding some names from the Minoudie Nova Scotia Parish Records Index Book. I am going to add some names taken at random for now, because there are lots and lots of names, I want to put all the Acadian surnames on my website, but I won't add all the children of each person.
So that way, maybe some of you will see a certain name and know that that is where they where....The records are from 1849 to 1918.....
Have a great day
Aline

No comments: