Saturday, October 14, 2006

We are already in the middle of October, my time sure flies. I remember when I was a young girl and it was Halloween, the weather was always cold or rainy. I remember we used to put heavy clothing under our costumes. Then we would pass the houses for treats. I remember taking my son out to pass the houses, we would both dress up, I would wait for him at the road, then I remember taking my grandkids out. (Gee, I feel old) (smile). My grandaughter was always eager to go, but my grandson who was around 2 or 3 at the time would want to go home. Back during my time, we used to take pillow cases instead of bags and we would usually have them nearly full by the time we finished. It is not the same today, there are so many people out there who do not realize how dangerous it can be. Just a reminder that if your children go out, make sure you check their treats, I would not let them eat apples, or anything not sealed. I would not even let my kids go out alone .Many places have cancelled the passing of houses but they do make parties in community halls for the children.
On another subject, yesterday the weather was beautiful, and guess where I went again? Yep, back to the Richiboucto Village Cemetery. The Cemetery was divided in two, so I did the left side, which took me as far as the 1980s, I did all but three rows on the left side. I am very glad I did, it will give me more names for my website and it will probably benefit some of you. Then we went to see the old cemetery that now has a monument, but it was too muddy and wet , we could not enter. Although the weather was nice, you could feel the fall weather, nice but not really hot, and the mosquitos still greeted me, I was in a hurry to get as many names as I could before having to call it a day and I kept saying to the mosquitos, "leave me alone I am busy ". smile.
My cocagne cemetery obits in my website is coming along real good I am now at the Richard's, so soon I shall be finished. Then I start adding the ones from Richiboucto Village.
Have a great day
Aline

No comments: