Thursday, January 24, 2008

Today I have decided to stop being lazy and come and do my blog. grin. We had to take Shadow to the SPCA a few days ago. It is sad to lose a pet,but my friend did the right thing,Shadow could not walk anymore, nor see, and he was in pain. Thunder is doing ok. He is going on fourteen so he is not a young dog either. Shadow was going on nineteen years of age, that is very old for a dog.
Well I have added another page on my website at www.acadian-roots.com , I made a page on Georgetown and Parkton . For the ones of you who never heard of these places, well they are now in Moncton New Brunswick, but at one time they were on the outskirts of Moncton. I had wanted to do a page for a long time. I have added articles and photos also. So for the ones of you who either lived in these places or had ancestors or relatives from there, I do hope you will stop by. Maybe later I will add more stuff about Georgetown and Parkton, and photos if ever I can get some. I would love to have a photo of the picnic that was help every year, and of the Jamboree Hall, and skating rink, I have one of part of the rink now.
We have started a project in our group , we are a bunch of folks who are willing to help with lookups for your brick walls , so if you are having problems, come join our group acadianrootsclub and we will do our best to try and help.
I have lots of cemeteries on our acadian-roots website, and I hope to add more as I do them next summer if I can.
The weather is nice today, not cold, last Monday, it was bitterly cold, with the wind chill it felt like minus 30 degree celsius and that is cold. I do understand why we have lots of folks from down here going down south for the winters. grin.
Well thank you for stopping by, my news are not plentiful today, but a little bit is better than none at all.
So until next time Have a great day
Aline

No comments: