Saturday, March 07, 2009

Celebrate Your Name Week

I was wondering what I should blog about and my friend Evelyn alerted me to Celebrate your name week. So this is what I am going to do, celebrate my name.
ALINE origin French meaning "Noble". origin Armenian meaning bearer of the light. Used in English,French and Armenian Countries. In Celtic it is a feminin form of Allen or variant form of Helen.It is also a form of Adeline. .They must have taken the DE out of it. grin.In Scotland Aline is a form of Aileen and Alina. Popularity The name Aline, is the 59023rd most popular baby name at Mybaby-name.com placing it in the top 82% of names by popularity. Oh my! in English,
Aline means noble and "BRIGHT???? grin. Anyway you have a general idea on my name. BUT
I was not names for anyone famous, but I did ask Mom once, where she got my name because my sister was named after Loretta Lynn, my other sister after Rita Hayworth, my brother after Ted Williams but me?? Mom told me, when she was pregnant for me, there was this pretty little girl who used to walk past her house with long brown hair and her name was Aline, so she named me after this little girl walking by, and Mom said to me" Then I had my own little pretty brown haired girl." smile.
Do you have any little stories to share about your first name? If so, why don't you add a comment here? I would love to hear your stories.
Thanks for the visit and do stop by again.
Have a great day
Aline

4 comments:

Velda said...

My name "Velda" is teutonic (German) and means Power, Rule. It was given to me by my father while reading Mickey Spillane/Mike Hammer mystery novels. She was the buxom brunette secretary...I'm definately not brunette lol I LOVE my name.

Evelyn Yvonne Theriault said...

It must have been common at one time in New Brunswick to name people after movie stars. My mom was supposedly to named after a movie star whose first name was Olga - but I haven't been able to find a star by that name!

alineskee said...

very interesting Velda. thanks for sharing.
Aline

alineskee said...

I think so too Evelyn.My aunt once told me that my parents used to go to a movie all the time when they were younger , and I remember when I was younger I used to love to go to a movie and I had some favorite movie stars. So yes very possible that our parents named some of their children after their favorite movie star or singers.
I also made an error when I said Loretta Lynn on my blog it should have read Lorette YOUNG.
Aline