Thursday, February 22, 2007

When I began my genealogy in 1976, I never imagined at the time that thirty years later I would still be doing it. For me this hobby if that is what you would call it has been such a help to me in so many ways. Along the way it has helped me know where I came from, know who my ancestors were, and helped me in my grieving time. Researching to me is such a good feeling , it relaxes me, and it lets me do what I want to do. I have met some great people along my way. I have met a Ronald Leblanc who was at the genealogy center when I began, I met Stephen White who I admire, I met Janet Jehan one time, I met Lucie LeBlanc Consentino, I met Maria ,Regis Brun , a very nice man to talk to, I met Ronnie Gilles LeBlanc, and I had met Father Clement Cormier.I even met a couple who's family I had found some genealogy information for, who came down from New Zealand and stopped in Moncton on their way to Ireland. They came to my home.Through my research I recently found some cousins who I never expected to be so lucky to meet them. One day soon we are planning to meet in person. I offered to take them to places of our ancestors that we both share. And if my health is good in 2009 I sure want to go to the Congres Mondial and meet some of my group members. I would also like to go to Port Royal , and return to Grand Pre. I went to the site of Beaubassin last summer with Lucie but I would like to return. I know that there are some of you reading this who must feel the same way as I do, towards genealogy. I look at my grandchildren and I cannot give them fancy things, I cannot afford expensive gifts, but in my heart I know what I am giving them is much much more important .My grandaughter already loves my stories and my grandson loves his fluffy book and his papa book from memere.I just gave my grandaughter a page for her book about my mother watching her mother make soap. My mother told me the story and I made it into a page for my grandaughter 's book.To end this blog, my wish would be for you to share your stories with your loved ones, write them down, save photos, write who the persons on the photos are. Do you not think that one day your descendents will say my memere or nana, or grandmother or grampy told me this story as they pass them down to their children? You never know.
Have a great day
Aline

No comments: