Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Now is the season for hurricanes and tornados, we had a tornado watch a few days ago, in all my lifetime I cannot remember having such a warning. So I guess the weather is changing , we are having hotter weather than we used to.
Speaking of hurricanes and tornados, our ancestors must have gone through such things, how did they cope? They were not equipped such as we are today.
It would be interesting knowing how they managed would it not?
If they had such tragedies, probably they helped each other rebuild etc. My mother told me in her young days, all the neighbors would help one another build their houses and barns etc, the women made meals, while the men worked. Can you imagine all the women gathered together laughing and gossiping, maybe even singing? Men working with the tools they had, nothing like today, no electric drills and electric saws, just the good old fashion tools.
It would be nice to be able to go back in time, just to take a peep and watch them working, and watch them doing what they liked to do, such as singing, or playing music. Many had no cars, just horses and wagons. When my sister died, the hearse at that time in 1933 was a sleigh and horses, she died in december, and at that time they buried them then.
I went on a sleigh ride when I was newly married and nearly froze to death haha, it was soooooooooooo cold, I think we picked the coldest day in the winter.
have a great day.

No comments: