Monday, December 21, 2009

Hello everyone, I had a few minutes so thought I would come and blog.
The holidays will soon be here, and I am slowly getting things ready. Got the turkey, a 20 pounds, expecting my son and his family over for dinner. It has been quite a while since I fixed a big dinner, so keep your fingers crossed that I do everything right.
I have been busy with my website I added the Moncton City Directory 1949 . I added all the streets in Moncton and the households. I have been wanting to add this for quite some time but never seemed to have the time ,and finally I decided it's now or never. grin. You can find the directory at http://www.acadian-roots.com you will see a lit up NEW on the sidebar. I found my grandmother listed there, she was a widow then. I would have been around seven years old back then. I also added what was said at the beginning of the directory about Moncton.
Next I have been blogging elsewhere for my store, since I don't want to bug everyone too often. I have sold a few things, and everytime I sell something, even if it is only five dollars I get excited because I am not talented when it comes to creating fancy stuff, I am old fashion, and I create what is in my mind. I created a pair of Acadian Shoes, with all surnames on them. I like those. And I did some stuff with lobsters, wolves, these two are my lastest. Anyway if any of you want to look, you can go to the bottom of this blog and see a panel or you can go to http://www.zazzle.com/allicor*
My Chat n Brag room is growing we are now 71 members. My two groups on Facebook "Old Photos of New Brunswick" and "Williams dit Bristol" are growing also. So if any of these groups interest you check them out.
If you want to join our main genealogy group acadianrootsclub go to petiteacadienne group the url is on the sidebar, and from there I shall invite you to our main group. The members there are great.
For the ones who are just arriving here, you can view your christmas card on my acadian-roots website.
I know there are many readers coming to read my blog everyday and are not added to my followers, but I know you are reading this. To everyone of you, I thank you for believing in me and my blogs. A very Merry Christmas from my home to yours.
Have a great day
Aline

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas from Edmonton, Alberta. I wish you, George and all your family a very blessed Christmas.
I will be in touch with you when we arrive back home next week.
Hugs
Effie & Greg.

alineskee said...

Thank you Effie and Greg, our wishes also go out for the both of you to have a very Merry Christmas, anxious to know how your holidays went. Have fun.
Hugs
Aline