Wednesday, October 24, 2007

It's a beautiful day, the sun is shining, it is not cold. Last night we had a lot of rain with gusting winds. I was listening to the news about all the fires in California, it is sad to see that some people had to evacuate their homes because of the danger of the fire. I live in Canada, and I am so thankful that where I live is not too bad for fires. We do have forest fires, but nothing as big as in California. I pray that everyone stays safe.
Well I have gone to the genealogy center and finally finished my project of transcribing the 1891 census for Dundas District in Kent County New Brunswick, now I need to add the final names to my website. I also have gotten a few more marriages to add to my Jacquet River page.
But I am in the process of adding something different on my website at www.acadian-roots.com ,I am not going to tell you what ,well not just yet. It may be there in a few days and I will let you know. I received permission to do this, and I am so pleased . I know some of you will also be pleased. Now I hope this has peaked your curiosity and you will come to my acadian-roots website. Be patient, and you will enjoy it.
I must share something else with you because I found this to be so cute. I contacted someone regarding an acadian song for my page and when she replied ,she said I am "example" mary a tom, a pierre, a joseph, etc , she went up to the first one in Port Royal. She made me smile when I received the email, because I have heard so many time, Joe a Meleme, Fred a Joe, Fidele a Charles and so on.
Now I had my coffee break ,it is time to get back to work, and to genealogy.
Have a great day, and do drop in again.
Aline

No comments: