Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Hello everyone, today I went to the genealogy center. First I wanted to help some of my members with their queries. Next I checked the newspapers for various obituaries, for my christmas family tree that I am preparing. I found two obits so far, and I have to return. The reason I am telling you this, is to let you know that sometimes ancestors move to various places, some go to the USA, others to various parts of Canada, or even overseas.
In the tree that I am doing, which are Legers, I found some in Saskatchewan, San Francisco, Ontario, New Bedford, Leominster, Newcastle, Charlo,Toronto, Montreal, California, Chilawack, Surrey, Prince Edward Island and Newfoundland and I am not finished the tree. grin. Just like the song by Hank Snow, "they've been everywhere man.
I also have been trying to match the names with photos, and lo and behold, I found a photo of one of their ancestor who was a member of parliament today.
And he looks just like his great great grandson, or his great great grandson looks like him.
So if you are doing genealogy, remember to check the obituaries if possible to know where they moved to.
On another note, I have transcribed a few marriages from the parish records of Tracadie Nova Scotia which I shall add to my website as soon as I can, so if you have ancestors who were from there, check my site a bit later to see if they are there. This would be in the early 1800s.
Have a great day, and thanks for dropping by.
Aline

No comments: