Saturday, November 03, 2007

Hurricane season and our weatherman has forcasted a bad night tonight, with lots of rain and high winds. So to be on the safe side, we went to the store to buy supplies, I wanted to get those little lamps at the dollar store with some batteries, do you think I could find even ONE? Nope, all sold out, then I said ok, I will get some D batteries for the flashlight, All Sold Out. So off we went next door, they had a combination of flashlight and radio. It took C Batteries , all sold out. So we went to the grocery store, I wanted to pick up a copy of L"Etoile for my P'tit Francois page, and they had batteries, so we got three different sizes plus some matches for our candles. We went over to my mother's and brought her some matches. Next we decided to stock up on spring water. Arriving to the spring there were 8 cars ahead of us, filling their containers. I wish I would have taken my camera so I could show you. I took out some extra blankets, just in case.
And in case we lose our power, I now have a roast cooking in the oven. I moved all the stuff that was on the patio inside, even our garbage cans. We have three trees in front, one right in front of my house and two in front of the neighbors house, so I moved my car ahead. The last time they predicted bad weather ,the storm by passed us, so I am keeping my fingers crossed that it will by pass us again. So just in case you do not see me online, do not worry, it will only be because our power went off. But if my power goes off, I don't know what I will do without my internet. smile.
I decided to add another cemetery to my page, this is a huge cemetery ,Our lady of Calvary Cemetery in Dieppe New Brunswick. I shall only do a little at a time, I don't know if I will do it all since this IS a big cemetery, but I will add what I can, and who knows? In the end ,it may all be on my site. So check the sidebar of my acadian-roots.com website, when you see Chartersville Road Cemetery, it will be the Our Lady of Calvary Cemetery.
So have a great day, for the ones in the path of the hurricane, stay safe.
Aline

No comments: