Saturday, February 23, 2008

Hello everyone, today I would like to share something with you. A good friend of my late husband passed away suddenly. So last night we went to pay our respects, and I have never seen so many people paying their respects, the room was full and as we left they were lined up right up to the door waiting to go in.
This morning was the service so my son and my friend went to the service, the church was so packed that the ushers were seating the people moving others to make room, he had a nice service, his son gave the eulogy and it was so nice.
After that , they had a lunch in a senior hall, and there it was the same thing, we had to line up in order to get in and no place to sit ,I saw so many old friends today, and my son met a lot of his friends, many had not seen us for years and years. One of our friends talked to my son about his Dad when they were young, it made my son laugh. Another friend of mine has alzheimers, (her husband was our best man). Anyway I thought that she would not know me, so I said hi to her with a big smile, she answered right away, Aline ,I was just thinking about you this week. It made me feel good ,to know she knew me today, but her son told me, he went to see her at the hospital where she is staying at the moment and she introduced him to the staff as her brother. That is very sad.
The deceased was a great friend of my late husband, and when my husband could not feed himself, nor talk,(he had Alzheimers too) his friend (the deceased) came over nearly everyday, and he would sit with my husband, he brought him oysters ,my husband loved them and he would open them and feed my husband. My husband always said to me, he is just like a brother to me. I feel good that my son and I went to his funeral, my late husband would have wanted us to go.
I met two ladies that I went to school with, some of my cousins were there also.
And I was so proud to have my son with me today,and my friend did not know many ,but it so happened some of his cousins are related to the widow and they were there.
So today I am not talking genealogy in this blog, but even if I don't , it doesn't mean a thing, I did more researching a few minutes ago, I got the bug, the genealogy bug, and it is catching, grin.
Have a great day, thank you for listening, do come again.
Aline

2 comments:

Alice said...

SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR FRIEND , HE OBVIOUSLY WAS A GREAT PERSON TO HAVE SO MANY PEOPLE PAY THEIR RESPECT.

GREAT THAT YOUR SON AND GEORGE WENT WITH YOU IT ALWAYS MAKE A PERSON FEEL THAT THEY ARE NOT ALONE AT A SAD MOMENTS.

TAKE CARE AND HAVE A GREAT WEEK .

Alice

alineskee said...

Hello Alice, thanks for the comment,your aunt Yvonne was there also.
Aline